Apple phones are among the most popular smartphone devices manufactured by Apple. For photography, the iPhone is known for its superior camera and quality. Knowing the iPhone’s age can be very important at times. In spite of the fact that some people are not concerned about the age of their iPhone, they are interested in knowing how old it is.
When we talk, most people send their old phones before buying a new one; if you do the same and want to know how long you have it before selling it when you sell it again. How Old an iPhone Is Determined by its Resale Value One metric to determine how old an iPhone is is its resale value.
How to Check the Age of Your iPhone
First of all, find the year that your iPhone was made, and you will know the age of your iPhone once the warranty has expired, as opposed to asking yourself when you purchased it or how long you have owned it. After a purchase, who keeps the original iPhone packaging or the bill? Even if you usually receive a receipt in your email when you purchase a new one, be sure to at least once check your inbox for the specific serial number for the year that your iPhone was made. Asking yourself how old you are will help you determine your age. Let’s look at how to determine an iPhone’s age from its serial number.
How to Identify an Old iPhone Serial Number
There are different ways to determine the age of an iPhone, and we recommend using the official method. If you want to know how old your Apple Phone is, we’ll show you how!
- First of all, go to the settings and click the button setting.
- Click here to go to General Settings
- Then go to about
- Finally, the sixth line shows your iPhone’s serial number
4 Ways to Find Out the Age of My iPhone
There are four simple ways to find out the age of my iPhone
- Apple’s Check Coverage
- Chipmunk Klantenservice
- The Fourth Character of the Serial Number
- Applying the Apple Support App
Apple’s Check Coverage
- First, go to checkcoverage.apple.com in your browser
- Enter the serial number in the space provided and provide the CAPTCHA verification code. Click Continue.
- On the next screen, you will get all your details.
- Under repair and service coverage, you’ll find an expected expiration date. Apple offers service coverage for one year. From this date, you can find out the age of your iPhone.
- If you have been using your smartphone for more than a year, then it is also expected that the expiry date is not displayed, then you can go for the Chipmunk Klantenservice method.
Chipmunk Klantenservice is a third-party app that can tell you how old your iPhone is. You can also use it to calculate your device’s EMC number, CPU speed, screen size, and screen resolution.
- First, go to your browser and the Chipmunk website chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodelGo to the given section ent, enter your serial number, and click the Show Info button.
- Scroll down to get your iPhone information and note the year and week of manufacture. With this, you can easily calculate how old your iPhone is.
The Fourth Character of the Serial Number
That is the easiest way to determine the age of your Apple Phone. This method does not require an internet connection. A combination of numbers and letters make up the serial number.
It hides alphanumeric serial number details such as date of manufacture, time, place, model number, etc.
You only need the fourth character of the serial number to find the manufacturing year. You can use the table below to determine when my Apple Phone was manufactured.
C – 2010 (First half)
D – 2010 (Second half)
F – 2011 (First half)
G – 2011 (Second half)
H – 2012 (First half)
J – 2012 (Second half)
K – 2013 (First Half)
L – 2013 (Second Half)
M – 2014 (First Half)
N – 2014 (Second Half)
P – 2015 (First Half)
Q – 2015 (Second Half)
R – 2016 (First Half)
S – 2016 (Second Half)
T – 2017 (First Half)
V – 2017 (Second Half)
W – 2018 (First Half)
X – 2018 (Second Half)
Y – 2019 (First Half)
Z – 2019 (Second half)
D – 2020 (Second Half)
J – 2021 (Unknown)
T – 2021 (Unknown)
6 – 2021 (Unknown)
If we talk about this method, it works correctly for all devices launched till 2020, but we found that the fourth part of the iPhone serial number has been reduced to three better for different models. Apple changed the order of the serial numbers. There is a special formula to calculate the manufacturing date after 2021.
Applying the Apple Support App
The Apple Support app is used to communicate with Apple customer service staff about any issues with the device. You can also use the app to identify the age of your iPhone. Unexpectedly, your iPhone doesn’t come with the Apple Support app pre-installed. You have to download it using the App Store. It’s also the easiest way to determine your iPhone’s warranty duration.
- First, open the Apple Store app on your iPhone
- Click on the Device Details button
- Click on Device Details to check the age of the phone. You can check the age of your phone using this date.
If you still need to learn, you can use any of the three methods given earlier.
The Settings app is the best place to start if you’re seeking fundamental information about your Apple Phone. The majority of it may be sought up using the model or serial numbers of your phone if the information you need is not immediately evident.
But the first three approaches are fairly simple. The serial number on my iPhone can be used to determine its age. You can ask yourself, “When I bought my Apple Phone now, how can the serial number help me get the best resale value?”